TITLE: Patient Accounts Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF
Manages employees who are responsible for ensuring timely revenue cycle activities including prior authorizations, refunds, collections and accounts receivable.
Revenue Cycle Director
Precert Specialists, Refund Specialists, Accounts Receivable
Specialists and PBX Operator
1) Ensures that processes are in place to optimize the revenue cycle
related to areas of assigned responsibility.
2) Assists the Revenue Cycle Director with department manager-level
responsibilities including projects requiring independent judgment.
3) Exercises discretionary authority in providing leadership to assigned
staff in problem solving measures.
4) Maintains audit controls for refund checks.
5) Other duties as assigned.
1) Adequate and appropriate levels of oral and written communication
2) Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel programs
3) Basic understanding of Medicare, insurance and collection rules and procedures
4) Basic CPT and ICD-10 coding
5) Basic medical terminology
to relate to people and situations with good judgment and integrity.
2) Ability to promote teamwork environment.
3) Skills in diffusing angry patients regarding medical bills
4) Troubleshooting skills
5) Logical thinking and decision making
6) Ability to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
7) Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills
8) Ability to produce work within deadlines, sometimes working long
9) Good organizational skills
10) Ability to train and motivate others
motor skills – bending, stretching, sitting, standing, and walking while on
periods of typing may be required.