JOB TITLE: PATIENT ACCESS REP (Check-Out) - CENTER FOR ORTHOPAEDICS
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: To represent Imperial Health in a
courteous and efficient manner by greeting patients, calculating amount owed,
collecting payments, and scheduling appointments.
Greet all patients in a friendly and courteous
checking patients out cashier monitors charts for balances or delinquent accounts.
3. Based on the insurance verification notes
cashiers calculate the patient's payment.
4. Collects the appropriate amount of money from
5. Schedules (cancels when necessary and
reschedules) appointments in
accordance with doctors' instructions when
patients check out or when they walk in the office.
6. Direct patients to the Imaging Center and
Prepare Center when they are given orders for Radiology services and/or blood work.
7. Respect and maintain the privacy and dignity
of patients and family members.
Performs all other tasks as assigned by
charges and payments.
for collecting and making deposits according to protocols.
daily using cash policy guidelines.
2. Knowledge of cashiering
3. Knowledge of medical terminology
REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent
medical office experience preferred but not required.
Strong communication skills and professional personal presentation
Great attention to detail and stress tolerance
Skills in cashiering
Skills in computer
Skills in medical terminology
1. Ability to communicate effectively in written
and verbal form
2. Ability to use the computer
3. Ability to be a team player
4. Ability to work flexible hours
5. Must be able to handle multi-tasks
6. Must be able to work in a fast paced work
7. Ability to model effectively with many types
of people at all levels
8. Ability to be service oriented
9. Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and
decision making in employment
Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages
and both sexes
CONDITIONS: Office setting.
Frequent telephone calls and other interruptions, which requires being
able to handle a fast-paced work environment during entire time at work. Must be able to prioritize multiple
projects. Must maintain strict
confidentiality and exercise professionalism when interacting with staff,
managers, supervisors, physicians, external customers, etc.
DEMANDS: requires continuous standing, sitting, frequent
walking, bending, and stooping. May
require lifting 50 to 100 pounds. Exposure to possible Hazardous
Materials/conditions and infectious diseases.
This position is responsible for checking patients out and collecting appropriate payment at point of service in a busy clinic setting. Excellent customer service experience is required. Minimum of one year front office experience and/or a certificate from a medical office assistant program are preferred.