GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
To represent Center For Orthopaedics in a
courteous and efficient manner. Handling
all applicable phone calls, schedule appointments, prepare for and greet
patients. Process all payments made
through the clinic. Respect and maintain
the privacy and dignity of patients and family members. Be responsible for the readiness of the
reception area for each working day.
Have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of
Greet patients in
a courteous and friendly manner. This function requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Advise and direct
patients, including walk-ins, appearing at the front desk about registration
staff of patients' arrival.
At time of
appointment, verify and/or update demographic and insurance information.
complete all other intake forms as required by clinic policy.
the patient's eligibility for services by utilizing the current software
in accurately completing appropriate forms and documents for the required
Review and process House Call Log.
1. Communication Skills - Strong
communication skills and have personal professional appearance
2. Computer Skills – To perform this job
successfully, an individual should be able to learn and use multiple computer
Skills – Ability to add, subtract, and multiply; count currency
1. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively
in written and verbal form, answer frequent telephone calls
3. Must be able to type 40 WPM
4. Must be able to work as a team player
5. Must be able to work flexible hours
6. Must be able to multi-task. Frequent interruptions require being able to
handle a fast-paced work environment.
be service oriented
8. Ability to exercise initiative
effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and
comply with HIPPA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating