GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: To represent Imperial Health in a courteous and efficient manner. Handling all applicable phone calls, schedule appointments, prepare for and greet patients. Process all payments made through the clinic. Respect and maintain the privacy and dignity of patients and family members. Be responsible for the readiness of the reception area for each working day. Have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business.
SUPERVISION REQUIRED: Reports to assigned team leader, department/practice manager and/or physician
SUPERVISON FUNCTIONS: This position does not supervise any employees.
1. Greet patients in a courteous and friendly manner.
2. Advise and direct patients, including walk-ins, appearing at the front desk about registration procedures.
3. Notify clinical staff of patients’ arrival.
4. At time of appointment, verify and/or update demographic and insurance information.
5. Have patient complete all other intake forms as required by clinic policy.
6. Determine the patient’s eligibility for services by utilizing the current software program.
7. Assist patients in accurately completing appropriate forms and documents for the required information.
8. Review and process House Call Log.
1. Answer and process incoming calls from patients.
2. Schedule (cancel when necessary and reschedule) appointments in accordance with clinic policy.
3. Receive consultation requests and referrals from other physicians/providers. Make appointments according to clinic policy.
4. Document and route messages to clinical personnel as needed.
5. Confirm patient appointments.
6. Advise patients of delinquent or outstanding balances prior to the appointment.
7. Create accounts for new patients after eliminating existence of possible previous account.
8. Call all no-show appointments and reschedule if necessary. Document and input ‘no-show’ charge as per clinic policy.
1. Confirm all Advanced Beneficiary Notices are signed for lab, injection, and any procedure when applicable.
2. Receive payments and record in patient’s account.
3. Balance daily batch.
4. Prepare deposit according to protocol.
5. Make return appointments if applicable.
6. Perform all other tasks as assigned by manager.
1. Communication Skills - Strong communication skills and have personal professional appearance
2. Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to learn and use multiple computer software programs.
3. Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, and multiply; count currency
1. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form, answer frequent telephone calls
2. Must be able to work as a team player
3. Must be able to work flexible hours
4. Must be able to multi-task. Frequent interruptions require being able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
5. Must be service oriented
6. Ability to exercise initiative
7. Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and genders.8. Must comply with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.