JOB TITLE: PATIENT ACCESS REP (Check-Out) - CENTER FOR ORTHOPAEDICS
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: To represent Imperial Health in a courteous and efficient manner by greeting patients, calculating amount owed, collecting payments, and scheduling appointments. Must be able to work Early when needed and Late when needed.
1. Greet all patients in a friendly and courteous manner.
2. While checking patients out cashier monitors charts for balances or delinquent accounts.
3. Based on the insurance verification notes cashiers calculate the patient's payment.
4. Collects the appropriate amount of money from each patient.
5. Schedules (cancels when necessary and reschedules) appointments in
accordance with doctors' instructions when patients check out or when they walk in the office.
6. Direct patients to the Imaging Center and Prepare Center when they are given orders for Radiology services and/or blood work.
7. Respect and maintain the privacy and dignity of patients and family members.
8. Performs all other tasks as assigned by manager.
1. Checks patients out.
2. Implement charges and payments.
3. Responsible for collecting and making deposits according to protocols.
4. Balance daily using cash policy guidelines.
5. Makes return appointments.
1. Knowledge of computers
2. Knowledge of cashiering
3. Knowledge of medical terminology
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Previous medical office experience preferred but not required.
1. Strong communication skills and professional personal presentation
2. Great attention to detail and stress tolerance
2. Skills in cashiering
3. Skills in computer
4. Skills in medical terminology
1. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
2. Ability to use the computer
3. Ability to be a team player
4. Ability to work flexible hours
5. Must be able to handle multi-tasks
6. Must be able to work in a fast paced work environment
7. Ability to model effectively with many types of people at all levels
8. Ability to be service oriented
9. Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision making in employment
10. Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting. Frequent telephone calls and other interruptions, which requires being able to handle a fast-paced work environment during entire time at work. Must be able to prioritize multiple projects. Must maintain strict confidentiality and exercise professionalism when interacting with staff, managers, supervisors, physicians, external customers, etc.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: requires continuous standing, sitting, frequent walking, bending, and stooping. May require lifting 50 to 100 pounds. Exposure to possible Hazardous Materials/conditions and infectious diseases.
This position is responsible for checking patients out and collecting appropriate payment at point of service in a busy clinic setting. Excellent customer service experience is required. Minimum of one year front office experience and/or a certificate from a medical office assistant program are preferred.