|Echo Tech (PRN)- Cardiology
This position is: As Needed Basis
Position Location: Lake Charles, LA
TITLE: Echo Tech
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Perform
daily clinical operations of Echocardiography including performing
Echocardiograms, entering preliminary interpretation and providing coverage to
REQUIRED: The Echo Tech is directly supervised by the Echo
Department Manager and by the Echo Department's Medical Director.
EXERCISED: This position
does not supervise any employees.
- Demonstrates proficiency by performing routine and emergency
echocardiograms, including but not limited to 2-deminsional, Doppler,
Bubble Studies, and Stress Echocardiogram, as requested by physician and
in accordance with standard practices.
- Provides echocardiography services at all necessary locations.
- Operate equipment necessary to perform all required procedures and
to obtain optimal diagnostic recording; utilize ancillary devices such as
selected transducers, digital networking system.
- Maintain equipment in working order, making minor adjustments and
- Perform routine cleaning, preventive maintenance, and report any
equipment malfunction to echo lab manager.
- Analyze patient's medical record to obtain history of symptoms and
necessary information for performance of diagnostic procedures.
- Prepares preliminary reports for review and interpretation by
Cardiologists, including comparison of previous studies.
- Participate in quality improvement activities; evaluate procedure
results for technical quality and accuracy; maintain appropriate logs,
files, and records.
- Review department performance in relation to established goals,
implementing changes to affect outcomes.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients.
- Attends Echo Lab Meetings, participates in Echo related conferences
through attendance, ensuring continuing education and professional
- Cultivates a collaborative and cooperative work environment within
- Ensures all ICAEL requirements are met and maintained.
- Staff information, CMEs, policies and procedures, protocols, etc.
are updated annually to meet ICAEL requirements.
- Staff is updated on all ICAEL changes.
- Organizes and prepares ICAEL application to maintain an accredited
REQUIREMENTS: Completion of a two-year
Allied Health degree and successful completion of a 12-month CAAHEP approved
School of Ultrasound Technology, or Cardiovascular Technology, or equivalent
education. Requires sufficient
to acquire American
Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) certification in cardiac ultrasound,
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), or Registered Cardiac
- None required beyond that described above.
setting. Frequent telephone calls and
other interruptions, which requires being able to handle a fast-paced work
environment during entire time at work.
Must be able to prioritize multiple projects. Must maintain strict confidentiality and
exercise professionalism when interacting with staff, managers, supervisors,
physicians, external customers, etc.
continuous standing, sitting, frequent walking, bending, and stooping. May require lifting 50 to 100 pounds. Exposure to possible Hazardous
Materials/conditions and infectious diseases.