JOB TITLE: Courier
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for driving, transporting, picking up, delivering between buildings, satellite offices, and other business.
Reports to Material/Clerk Purchasing Agent/ Materials Manager
- Transports supplies, material and equipment from clinic to other locations and
within clinic including laboratory specimens, medical records/chart, x rays,
bio-hazard waste, bank deposits, mail, linen, office supplies, medical equipment
- Picks up, sorts and distributes items to/from assigned locations
- Seeks resolution of customer problems including searching form missing items
- Completes related paperwork such as pickup/delivery logs, mileage reports
- Maintains regular schedule and communicates any temporary changes. Carries paging device and communicates frequently with supervisor
- Ensures that the courier vehicle is maintained including fueling, cleaning, reporting repair needs
- Pulls supplies for satellites and delivers
- Follows inventory policies and procedures to label items appropriately. Update records as trained to do so by the materials clerk
- May require use of personal vehicle. (revised 1/16/2013)
- Knowledge of safe driving and vehicle maintenance practices
- Knowledge of how to read maps of community and clinic layout
- Knowledge of handling biohazard materials safely
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent
REQUIREMENTS: Valid state driver's license. Must be insurable and bondable.
- Skill in understanding of handling blood borne pathogens using universal precautions following OSHA guidelines.
- Skill in driving car or van in all types of weather
- Skill in principles of customer service, scheduling and time management
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Combination of vehicle and office environment. Exposed to all types of weather. Exposure to biohazard material.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Variety of sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and twisting. Driving four-six hours/day, occasional stress from adverse weather and/or traffic conditions. Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds.
To apply for this position, complete an application to the left. Please note: You must enable cookies on your computer to access the application. There is a time limit of 20 minutes in which to complete your application before being timed out.