EXPERIENCE: Previous medical office experience preferred but not required.
EMR experience preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: National Medical Assistant Certification.
1. Language Skills – The ability to communicate effectively with others in the healthcare team.
2. Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports. Translate medical abbreviations into their expanded forms.
3. Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to learn and use all functions of electronic medical record software. Must accurately enter data into a database, search for information, send and receive email and attachments.
4. Skills in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
1. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form, answer frequent telephone calls.
2. Must be able to work as a team player.
3. Must be able to work flexible hours.
4. Must be able to multi-task. Frequent interruptions require being able to handle a fast-paced work environment during entire time at work.
5. Must be able to prioritize multiple projects.
6. Must maintain strict confidentiality and exercise professionalism when interacting with staff, managers, supervisors, physicians, external customers, etc. Must comply with HIPPA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.
7. Ability to relate to people and different situations with good judgment and integrity under stressful situations.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires continuous standing, bending, stretching, sitting, walking and stooping while on duty. May be required to lift 50-100 pounds. There might be a possible exposure to Hazardous Materials/conditions and infectious diseases.