Imperial Health, LLP in Lake Charles, LA is searching for a
highly-qualified Business Office Director. Duties will consist of
providing departmental oversight and direction to the Business Office to ensure
maximization of cash flow. Requirements: At least 10 years of
healthcare billing (multi-specialty preferred). 10 years of management
experience and Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related
field are preferred. Competitive salary and benefits.
Imperial Health is the largest independent physician-owned
multi-specialty medical group in the Southwest Louisiana region. With over 40 physicians on staff practicing
in a vast array of specialty areas, the philosophy behind our business is
simple: to be patient-centric, first and
TITLE: Business Office Director
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Working with each Imperial Health ("IH”)
healthcare provider, the IH Executive Committee, the IH Chief Executive
Officer, the EC’s Committees, fellow members of the IH Management Team, and all
clinic-specific Managers, Supervisors and staff members, the main
responsibility of the Business Office Director is to develop and implement
programs to achieve IH's
strategic goals and cash flow objectives.
TO: Chief Executive Officer
Manager, Coding Manager, Pre-Cert/Accounts Receivable Manager
- Develops, organizes and implements overall
billing, collection and payment reimbursement functions.
- Plans, directs, reviews, coordinates and
evaluates through the functions of the department to increase positive
cash flow, achieve operational efficiencies in compliance with established
laws, regulations, practices and procedures.
- Monitors accounts sent for collection and
reimbursements from insurance companies and other third party payers.
- Manages statement and self-pay process.
- Manages the development and implementation of
departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors and audits productivity goals, reviews
level of progress and achievement, and exercises discretion and judgment
when recommending and implementing measures for improvement.
- Provides revenue cycle reports at EC and
Partnership meetings as needed.
- Develops and manages key metrics for revenue
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration
or Healthcare Administration or Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration
(or equivalent) are preferred.
ten (10) years of medical billing experience. 10 years of management
experience; senior-level experience in multi-specialty group practice(s)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of business management and basic
accounting principles to direct the business office.
- Experience in strategic and tactical planning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing
- Understanding of physician credentialing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding and
- Knowledge of third-party and insurance company
operating procedures, regulations and billing requirements and government
to conceptualize work flow, develop plans and implement appropriate
to recognize, evaluate and solve problems and correct errors.
Occasional evening and weekend work.
DEMANDS: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent
of the day, walking or standing the remainder.